I had to share this recipe with you, I was a little skeptical at first as I have never done the lemon and garlic together. Boy have I been missing out. There is so much flavor in this chicken and it is so moist. We did ours on the grill, I think it would be even better done in a cast iron skillet. I will try that next time. There a very few ingredients which makes for a quick and tasteful meal. I served ours with some of our fresh green beans from the garden and some other veggies and dip. A light refreshing dinner on a hot humid Summer evening.
First combine all the marinade ingredients. I do all of this in a baggie inserted in a glass to make it easier. I am telling you that fresh lemon juice and garlic are amazing!
Marinate for the allotted time and then brush with extra olive oil before putting on the grill. I put my chicken on aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray so it didn’t stick. A grill pan would work great too.
The taste of this chicken is so amazing! You will love it!
Hope you try and love this recipe as much as I do!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1 Zest and juice Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Sour cream
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 4 Chicken thighs
- Mix all ingredients except chicken into a plastic storage bag. I just mix with my hands from the outside of the bag.
- Add in the chicken, Marinate for three hours.
- Dry off chicken with a paper towel. Brush with a little more olive oil.
- Cook on grill until done. Or reaches 165 degrees with a meat thermometer.
- You use any type of chicken you would like.