In this post I’m gonna be showing you the best way to make and eat Deep Fried Caramelized Bananas. Say goodbye to the usual Caramelized Bananas, because these ones are much better!
In this video, I’m gonna show you step by step on how to make these easy and delicious Caramelized Bananas. Everyone knows the usual banana cooked in caramel sauce method, but these ones taste so much better.
It keeps the banana from getting soggy and mushy, and it adds a great flavor to it! These Caramelized Deep Fried Bananas can be found in almost every Chinese Restaurant in Brazil and it’s the perfect way to finish a meal.
These are fairly easy to make and the hardest part, in my opinion, is to stop yourself from eating all of them before coating it in caramel sauce even! This method holds the shape and texture of the banana and the sweet from the caramel still kicks in after. It really is a great dessert.
- 3 pcs Banana
- 1 cup Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter together. Make sure you mix it really well until smooth and no lumps should be left. It will have a thick but still runny texture.
- Reserve for next step.
- Peel and cut in half 3 bananas.
- Fill up a deep pot with frying oil and heat up over medium heat. Set up a plate with paper towel.
- Once the oil is hot, dip each banana piece in the batter and put it in the oil right away. (Watch Youtube video for visual instructions)
- When the bananas are golden brown, remove it from the oil, draining as much oil as possible and place it on the plate with paper towel.
- Add the sugar and water to a shallow pan and bring it over medium-high heat.
- Let the sugar melt and start to caramelize.
- Once the sugar is golden brown, add each deep fried banana to the liquid caramel and fully coat it.
- Remove it from the caramel and place it on a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
- Allow the caramel to cool down and harden, a shell will form. Then it will be ready to be eaten!
- Don't mix the sugar and water, allow it to melt and caramelize.
- Make sure the oil is hot enough, if it is too cold it won't cook the batter right away.