Peach Sago Jelly Cake
Summery, sweet, refreshing and simple to make dessert. This peach sago jelly cake is a perfect no-bake dessert to celebrate the start of summer. This recipe could serve up to 10!
NO-BAKE jelly fruit cake is a very popular Asian dessert in many Tropical Countries. They are refreshing, chilled, easy to make and most importantly cooled you down from the heat!This peach sago jelly cake is make with agar agar powder, a plant-based gelatin that is suitable for vegan and vegetarian diet. It contains juicy peach, sweet and creamy sago with coconut cream. A pleasant dessert with a tropical feel.
I love making delicious and beautiful jelly fruit cakes. Jelly cake is lighter and healthier than a standard cream cake. It is a perfect dessert option for weight watcher. Jelly cake is also easy to make and fuss-free. It doesn’t take long to make and the end product is eye-catching and more than satisfying.
Check out COFFEE SAGO JELLY, AGAR AGAR STRAWBERRY AND CHERRY COCONUT JELLY CAKE and PEACH JELLY LAYER SPONGE CAKE for more inspiration at dreamtocook.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with your Instagram. I love seeing your creations!
Peach Sago Jelly Cake
- 1/4 cup sago
- 2 cups water
- 400ml canned coconut cream
- 1 cup, 250ml water
- 1 cup, 250ml milk
- 1/2 cup, 125g sugar
- 3 tbsp agar agar powder
- 3/4 cup cooked sago
- 1 1/2 cup, 375ml peach syrup
- 2 cups canned sliced peaches
- Bring water to boil in a small pot, add sago and cook for 5 minutes . Cover with lid and let’s rest for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, pour in coconut cream, water, milk (coconut milk for vegan), sugar and agar agar powder. Stir well and bring to boil. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes until agar agar powder is dissolved. Stir constantly. Make sure agar agar powder is fully dissolve otherwise it won’t set.
- Use a sieve to transfer the cooked sago to the milk mixture. Stir to combine and add peach syrup lastly.
- Allocate sliced peaches into the jelly or bake pan. Gently pour the agar agar mixture into the pan. Stir gently to make sure sago and peaches are evenly spread out. Let’s sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before transfer to the refrigerator to set for a further 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a sharp knife to run along the edges of the jelly pan. Place a flat board on top and turn it up side down to remove the jelly from the pan. Slice and enjoy!