Cottage Beef Pie
1 hr 30 min
This is a delicious and hearty family meal, perfect for sit-down dinners.
I was so excited to make this traditional recipe using my favorite cast iron dutch oven and the end result was over-the-top delish.
You don't need any expensive veggies or ingredients to make this meal and you can even use leftovers you have them. When I have leftover vegetables of any kind, I save them for a meal like this.
If you won't to lighten up the meal even more skip the mashed potato topping and serve with rice or some fresh bread.
If you do decide to go with the traditional mashed potato topping but don't have the time or feel like making them grab a container of pre-made ones from the grocery store.
Cottage Beef Pie
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 stalks celery
- 6 baby carrots
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 3 pounds mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in ovenproof/stove top safe casserole. Saute celery, carrots and onion until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook stirring occasionally until beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until thickened slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top with mashed potatoes and bake 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 14th, 2020 10:25 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!