Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Everything pumpkin season is here and if you’re gonna put pumpkin on everything, pumpkin spice is the right way to go. And well, if pumpkin spice latte is so amazing already, why not make Pumpkin Spice Cookies?
In this video, I’ll be showing how to make the whole recipe for these delicious Pumpkin Spice Cookies from scratch, including the roasted pumpkin purée. In my opinion it makes it taste much better and it is healthier, so why not? But if you don’t feel like taking the time to make the pumpkin purée from scratch, you’re more than welcomed to use the ready to go canned version you find at grocery stores.
These cookies are soft and chewy and will melt in your mouth. The little addition of cinnamon and sugar on top adds a nice texture to the cookies. All the spices combined add a great warmth to the Pumpkin Spice Cookies and it really makes you have a little taste of Fall.
Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- ½ cup Pumpkin puree or 1 cup Pumpkin
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- 1 pc Egg
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1½ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- To Coat Cinnamon & Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Peel and cut the pumpkin into small dices. Place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake it in the oven for 45mins or until it is soft.
- In a blender, put the melted butter, egg and then the baked pumpkin.
- Blitz it until smooth.
- Reserve in a bowl.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Add both sugars to the bowl with the purée.
- Using a whisk, mix it really well for about 2mins.
- Add the spices and whisk it together.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and using a spatula, gently bring the cookie dough together. Only mix it until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Use a baking scoop to scoop some even amounts of dough. Roll each dough into circles.
- In a small bowl, make a sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Grab each cookie dough ball and flatten it out on the cinnamon sugar mix, coating the top side with it.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Bake it for 12mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The smaller you cut the pumpkin, the faster it will bake in the oven.
- Blitz the purée until it is smooth or leave some chunks so you can taste the pumpkin a little more.
- Do not over mix the dough after adding the flour.
- The cookies will still be a little soft when you take it out of the oven and it will become harder once it cools down.
what is the PC in front of the egg stand for?
Can you use tinned pumpkin? Or is that what is referred to as pumpkin purée (just checking in case I’m not quite following) thanks 😊