Easy Peasy Cottage Pie
If you want something heartwarming and filling but are restricted for time this is a quick cottage pie that is tasty.
Preheat oven to 180. Brown the mince and onion until onion has softened.
Add a cottage pie seasoning sachet & mix.
Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and stir.
Add a tin of carrots & peas and mix, as you mix chop the carrots up a bit with your wooden spoon.
Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
Put your pre made mash in a bowl and add salt, pepper, a knob of butter and a splash of milk. Give it a mix and put in microwave for 2 minutes until butter has melted.
Cut the tip off of a piping bag and fill with the mash potato.
Start piping from one edge across to the other and repeat this until the whole pie is covered.
Once you have done one layer it will look like this.
Now go around the four edge with the mash to form a seal. Pipe the remaining mash over the top.
Use a fork to flatten the mash and seal it all.
Grate some cheese over the top.
Once you’ve covered the whole top with cheese put it in middle of oven for 20 minutes until golden.
Take it out the oven and cut into portions and use a serving spoon to dish it up. Quick & easy cottage pie to fill the hungry tums on a chilly day.
Easy Peasy Cottage Pie
Whole cottage pie
- 500g beef mince
- an onion chopped
- cottage pie seasoning sachet
- tin of chopped tomatoes
- tin of carrot & peas
- 800g ready made mash
- salt, pepper, knob butter, splash of milk for seasoning the mash.
While cottage pie
- preheat Oven to 180c. Brown the mince and chopped onion in a pot until the onion has softened.
- add the cottage pie seasoning sachet. Mix.
- add the tin chopped tomatoes. Mix.
- add the tin of carrots & peas. Chop the carrots with your wooden spoon as you mix.
- Put the mixture into an oven proof dish.
- put your pre made mash into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add a knob of butter and a splash of milk and mix. Put in microwave for 2 minutes until butter has melted.
- cut tip off of a piping bag. Fill with mash.
- cover the entire dish by piping the mash over it from side to side. Then use the remaining mash to seal the side and put a 2nd layer.
- use a fork to smooth the mash out and ensure no gaps.
- grate the cheese on top and put in middle shelf of oven for 20mins until golden.
- cut into portions and use a serving spoon to dish it up.
What is cottage pie seasoning sachet? Can I make it myself? What seasonings is it?
Thank you Jane for your reply! Pretty sure that’s not sold in USA! Sounds easy to make up some myself!! Thank you again!