I keep a Chicago 58 salami in my deli drawer all the time and a jar of apricot jam just so I can whip up a quick and easy appetizer for my family or guests. This is a classic recipe that is tried, true, and always a fan favourite. If you keep some simple ingredients in your pantry, you will never be scrambling to create a quick appetizer. Serve the baked salami on a cutting board with a large knife to cut off chunks, with an assortment of mustards, ketchup, and pickles. This dish is also a great addition to a bbq or family picnic because it can be made in advance, reheated on a bbq or even served at room temperature. The best part is the char on the outside.
- 1 2lb salami
- 3/4 cup apricot jelly
- 1/3 cup dijon or yellow mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Add foil to a loaf pan and spray with cooking spray
- Mix together the jelly and mustard in a bowl
- Cut crosshatch slits into one side of the salami, being careful not to cut all the way through the salami
- Baste the salami with the jelly mustard mixture
- Place the salami in the loaf pan with the cut side up
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, checking every 15 minutes and basting with the jelly/mustard mixture.
- The salami will expand and brown while cooking
- Remove from the oven and serve with different mustards, ketchup, on a cutting board with a large knife. Enjoy
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published February 26th, 2022 8:01 PM