How amazing do these Korean-style burgers look? They taste just as good as they appear! The burgers are served with kimchi mayonnaise, fried eggs and sticky rice. The patties are filled with scallions, kimchi, gochujang, and other delicious flavors. This patty recipe could also be used to make Korean meatballs!
If you happen to have leftover patties and rice, you can turn it into fried rice then crumble the meat in at the end. Scramble some eggs into it and turn it into breakfast. I love how delicious and creative this recipe was!
For more delicious recipes, check out my Instagram @tikofoods
For the burgers
- Combine 1 lb ground meat (I used equal parts ground beef and ground pork) 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped kimchi
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg for the burger mixture
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sushi rice or jasmine rice
- 4 fried eggs
For the kimchi mayo
- 1/2 cup Kewpie or Japanese mayo (sub regular mayo)
- 1/4 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Combine ground meat with green onions, kimchi, gochujang, panko breadcrumbs, 1 egg, salt, and pepper
- Form into patties then brush them with more gochujang
- Cook patties on a grill or bbq untiled preferred cook level
- Cook rice as per labeled instructions and serve with the burger
- While the rice and burgers are cooking, fry the eggs
- Make the mayo by combining all ingredients then top the burger with the mayo and fried eggs
- Serve with hamburger buns instead of rice if preferred
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 31st, 2021 7:44 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!