Healthy Mediterranean Bowl
Weeks are so busy and the last thing I want to think about is what am I going to eat for lunch. This healthy mediterranean bowl is the perfect meal prep lunch to make this week! Minimal cooking and all these fresh ingredients will give you that boost of energy you need to make it through the second half of the day.
The recipe below calls for some specific veggies but you can make this what you want. Sunday after coming home from the store you can easily prep this healthy mediterranean bowl and just leave the lemon juice and spicy feta dip off to the side so your lettuce doesn’t get soggy. Everything else can sit in a container together making it so simple to grab and go in the morning. We love these meal prep containers. The last thing you want to bog down your morning when trying to get out the door is making your lunch.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
I’m telling you, your co-workers will be jealous as they eat their boring salad with just lettuce and cucumbers. Worst of all, they will be hungry in an hour because their salad wasn’t filling. And what will they do? Grab for something unhealthy. But, not you! This healthy mediterranean bowl will fill your up for the rest of the day letting your focus on work and not your growling stomach and cravings for chocolate.
If you are trying to eat a less meat, make this without the chicken! Roast some chickpeas up in a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. With or without the chicken this bowl will fill you up! We like to just squeeze some lemon on top. But without the chicken you will miss some of the flavor that the marinade gives this bowl. When I make this without chicken I will still make the marinade and drizzle it on top like a dressing. So refreshing!
Healthy Mediterranean Bowl
- 2 chicken breasts cubed
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pinch paprika
- ½ cup quinoa cooked
- ¼ cup red onion sliced
- ¼ cup cucumbers sliced
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers sliced
- ⅓ cup chickpeas rinsed and dried
- romaine lettuce
- dollop of spicy feta dip or feta cheese
- In bowl mix together marinade ingredients and pour over cubed chicken
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to marinade
- Add chicken to skewer and grill until chicken is cooked through
- Make sure to soak the skewers in water if they a wood before using and oiling the grill to ensure the chicken won't stick
- Add romaine to the base of the bowl
- Add toppings as desired around top of bowl as well as the grilled chicken
- Add dollop of spicy feta dip or feta cheese and squeeze a lemon over top of the bowl. Enjoy!