We're well into grilling season, so it’s about time I share my grilled shrimp recipe. Unless they’re fried, my next favorite way to eat shrimp is throwing them on a grill over an open flame. You get the perfect char and the perfect amount of smoke in every bite.
The best part about grilling shrimp is that they literally only take 2-3 minutes per side. Don’t go any longer, otherwise the shrimp will come out tough. Marinating the shrimp is really what takes the most time, and even that step is only 30 minutes of inactive work. What more can you ask for? This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or even a quick lunch.
Combine all the marinade ingredients to a bowl, whisk, and then marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes.
While the grill is preheating, skewer the shrimp.
Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side.
Once done, serve with a squeeze of lemon and warm butter (optional)
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced (plus more for serving)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 tablespoons Calabrian Chili paste (depending on heat tolerance)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Melted butter (for serving, but optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine all the marinade ingredient and whisk until fully combined. Then add the shrimp and mix until all the shrimp are coated. Marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill over medium heat. While the grill is heating up, add the shrimp on the skewers.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the shrimp warm with lemon and warm butter (optional)