I thought today was the perfect day to share these tuna-stuffed eggs, which for me are a staple for lunches and pic-nics! They are such a classic dish in Italy, everyone knows how to make them or has their own version of it.
No fuss to prepare, perfect served on a bed of salad. If you are having friends around for a dinner, they also make splendid appetisers or as a part of a buffet/picky dinner. I usually love them on a Saturday lunch with some fresh bread, smoked salmon, and a green salad and tomatoes.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (I do 6 minutes)
- 3oz (85g) tuna
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Some chopped parsley
- Some green olives
- Green salad
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and with a teaspoon delicately remove the yolk and put it in a small bowl.
- Drain the tuna and add it to the bowl with the yolks, together with some mayonnaise, parsley and seasoning.
- Fill the egg white “boats” with the tuna filling and top with half a green olive.Lay on a bed of salad and serve!
- If you have some leftover filling it’s really nice the next day as a sandwich filler with some sweet corn!