Boozy Pumpkin Truffles are decadent little balls of spiced rum-laced, pumpkin cake mixed with cream cheese frosting, and dipped into white chocolate. Yeah, I’ve gotten your attention, huh?
They are the luscious, sweet, adult treats that you need after a long day.
Have you had the cake balls from the Milk Bar in NYC? They deliver now. It is utterly dangerous to ours (okay, my) waistline. Plus, they’re expensive. And yet, they are worth Every. Single. Penny!
My only alternative to being both fat and broke is to make my own. So if I am going to make my own, they WILL have some kind of booze, because why not?
HOW DO I MAKE BOOZY PUMPKIN TRUFFLES?
- First, we’re going to make a spiced pumpkin cake. Using a boxed cake mix makes this a lot easier and still taste incredible.
- Here is where the magic comes into the recipe. When the cake is hot, poke holes into the cake and pour a healthy amount of spiced rum over the cake to allow the cake to absorb the alcohol while it cools. Then it gets crumbled into crumbs.
- Premade frosting is good, but this easy frosting recipe is outstanding. You mix together butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. This gets mixed into the crumbs.
- Our next step is making balls out of the dough and freezing them.
- Melt vegetable shortening and white chocolate together in the microwave, then dip the frozen balls.
- Decorate the tops, if desired and wait, wait, wait for the sort time it takes for the coating to harden.