Veggie Burrito Bowl
Simple yet satisfying!
This dish really does pack a punch and bring your mouth to life!
I decided to make this dish with veggie mince however if you want the meat then feel free to use normal mince instead.
This dish is the perfect quick mid week meal that you can make in only 20 minutes.
This is a base spice to give you a full flavour for the dish but if you would like more umph then simple grab some extra hot sauce to Chuck on top!
On a bed of rice the meal is filling yet fun. If your really wanting an extra fill then grab some nachos to go with.
If you would like to see more of my quick dinner ideas then please check out my Instagram page @the.last.bite.food.blog
Veggie Burrito Bowl
- Veggie mince
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Smokey paprika
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée and big splash of water
- 1 tin of black beans
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 avocado
- White rice
- Cut your onion in half. And slice one half into cubes and one in strips. In a frying pan soften off the onion cubes.
- Now finely chop your garlic. Place half in the frying pan and cook it off until soft.
- Meanwhile cook your rice according to packet instructions.
- Next slice your pepper into thin strips.
- In your frying pan add your cumin, paprika, smoked paprika, cinnamon. And fry off for a few mins. Add a little water if it’s too dry. Now add your Worcestershire sauce, tomato purée and water and cook for a minute.
- Drain your beans and add these and your veggie mince to the mix. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook for approx 12 mins. It should cook the beans and also allow the dish to crisp a little as it drys out a bit.
- Meanwhile in a separate frying pan, cook off the rest of the onions and garlic. Allow to soften and then add and repeat with your peppers. Should take approx 5-10 mins.
- Cut your avocado into a beautiful fan. And slice your spring onions into strips.
- Serve your rice in a bowl, followed by your mincy dish in one corner, and your peppers in another corner. Top with your avocado and sprinkle on your spring onion.
Published February 1st, 2023 9:24 AM
What is "veggie mince"?