Instant Pot Quick Pickled Beets
Not sure what to do with the beets in your CSA box? Make some Quick Pickled Beets the easy Instant Pot way!
Get even more vegan Instant pot recipes on my blog.
Are You a Beet Lover or a Beet Hater?
I’m in the beet lover category and I know not everyone feels the way I do. However, I do think that these Instant Pot Quick Pickled Beets is gateway recipe to adding more beets into your family’s life.
I think the vinegar and spices take away that “dirt” taste that beet haters don’t like. Me, I think they just taste earthy and I grew up on pickled beets. Using your electric pressure cooker you can make these pickled beets even faster!
What Does Quick Pickled Beets Mean?
You may know someone who cans and make pickles or pickled beets. Both cook beets in a vinegar-based brine.
Those pickled beets are different in two important ways. The first is they are shelf stable while these quick pickled beets MUST BE stored in your refrigerator.
The second way is this recipe makes pickled beets that are ready to eat as soon as they are done and don’t need time to cure. Personally, I like mine to be chilled before I eat them, but you can eat them warm too.
Pickled Beet Ground Rules
- Only make one color at a time. Red beets will color yellow and candy cane beets bright red, so don’t cook them together unless you want them all to look alike!
- Instead, do small batches of each color and even use different spices to make each batch unique.
- Store these in your fridge and eat cold on your favorite salad.
- Change up the spices to suit your taste. Cinnamon and clove is traditional, but you can leave either or both out if you don’t like them.
What Do I Eat Pickled Beets On or With?
My Mom served them as a side dish and I love them on salads. They can be fun in a pita sandwich too. Let me know in the comments how you are using them.
Instant Pot Quick Pickled Beets Recipe Variations
- Use red, candy cane, or other cool colored beets – just remember to cook each color separately!
- Add in 1/4 cup thinly sliced Videla or red onion in your IP with the beets and cook the same time.
- Add in 1/4 cup thinly sliced carrot coins in your electric pressure cooker with the beets and cook the same time.
Come take some classes with me and learn to make something new!
How Long Do Quick Pickled Beets Last in the Fridge?
These Instant Pot Quick Pickled Beets will last up to 2 weeks in your fridge, but chances are they won’t last that long!
How Do I Remove Beet Stains from My Hands?
Some people cut a small potato in half and rub that on the stains under running water and others use lemon juice or even olive oil.
I think the easiest way is not to get them stained to begin with. You can use gloves while working with red beets or win the game by using non-staining yellow beets!
Instant Pot Quick Pickled Beets
- 2 cups peeled and diced yellow beets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- Mix all the ingredients in your 3 quart Instant Pot (or double or triple for larger IPs).
- Cook on manual/pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Release pressure manually. Store in fridge.
- Can use sweetener of choice in place of maple syrup or leave out altogether.