Peanut Butter Cookies
A crispy and chewy cookie that will leave you wanting more and more!
Crispy edges with a soft and chewy center
Using our popular pistachio cookie recipe as a base, you can turn these cookies into any flavor you desire. We sure do love peanut butter and if you do too, you will simply love this recipe.
Ingredients in pistachio cookies
I wouldn’t suggest changing anything in this recipe, keep the ingredients and measurements the same and you won’t be disappointed.
Use regular all-purpose flour for best results. I haven't tested other flours but if you do, feel free to leave me a comment below!
Use softened regular or vegan butter to keep this dairy-free.
Use 1 medium-sized egg for best results.
You will also need brown sugar and granulated sugar.
You will also need cornstarch/cornflour and baking soda.
Finally, you will need chocolate chips and smooth peanut butter. I used Whole Earth Smooth Peanut Butter
Tools you will need to make this
You don’t really need much to make this recipe and you can easily use what you already have on hand.
You will need:
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- 1 mixing bowl + hand mixer or stand mixer
- Spatula to mix
For measuring: 1/4 tsp, 1 tsp, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup.
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch/cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F/180°C and line the baking tray with parchment paper.** Just a side note; I have tried both chilling and not chilling the cookie dough before baking and results are pretty much the same so there is no need to chill. However you can definitely make these, chill and bake the next day!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, start by beating the butter with the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together.
- Mix in the peanut butter.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- At this point you can choose to chill the dough or bake.
- Take a small handful of cookie dough and form into a circle, slightly flatten then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to a wired rack to continue cooling.
- These cookies are also freezer-friendly!
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!