Peach Crisp Pie
I have been trying out different pie recipes for the Thanksgiving meal. My hubby wanted a peach pie but he is not a fan of double crust pie. So I decided to do a crisp topping like on a peach or apple crisp. I know it is nothing new there are plenty of recipes out there but I have a picky hubby. So I used his mothers apple crisp topping recipe and it turned out so good. This will be our new pie for the holidays. I used peaches I had frozen this summer but you can use fresh peaches peeled and cut up or frozen from the store. I mixed the peaches with some cinnamon, sugar and a little four to help thicken the juices up. You will need to make or buy a pie crust for the bottom crust. After mixing the peaches with the other ingredients I put it into the crust and started making the crisp topping. Mixing all of the crisp topping ingredients together and putting it on the top of the pie. Bake and cool the pie and serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream. It is sweet and somewhat tart and that crisp topping makes it a little crunchy .
Add vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Add all ingredients to your peaches.
Use whichever crust you like. Homemade or bought.
Add peach mixture to your crust.
Crumble topping ingredients using a fork or pastry blender.
Add to the top of your pie.
Cook until filling is bubbling.
Peach Crisp Pie
- Make your favorite crust or
- purchase a premade crust
For the filling
- 6 Medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 T flour
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 1/2 C All purpose flour
- 1 stick melted butter
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Add to the peaches the cinnamon, sugar and flour and stir to combine.
- Add to crust
- MIx all ingredients together with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Add to the top of your peaches int eh crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until browned and crispy and peaches are bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.
- You can add 1/2 C of oats to the topping mixture if desired.