It's nearing the end of Summer her in Michigan and peaches are perfectly ripe right now. So in between freezing them I always have to make some fresh desserts. This crisp has a crunchy sweet crumble on the top. This recipe is also good made with apples in the Fall. We love to serve it with vanilla ice cream. I start with fresh peaches cut up right in the pan you are using. I used an eight inch by ten inch pan. Then I just mix the other ingredients together in a bowl and mix with a fork until it resembles a crumble topping. Bake it and enjoy!! This recipe can also be doubled very easily, which I do when we have family gatherings. I have also made this crisp with blueberries and raspberries mixed together.
All baked and ready to serve.
I used a mixture of fresh peaches and some peaches I had frozen the week before. You can use either or.
Cut your fresh peaches or lay your frozen peaches in the pan. If I use all frozen I wait for them to unthaw.
I put some sugar and a little bit of cinnamon on the top before adding the crumble topping.
Whisk your crumble ingredients together.
Then add your melted butter and mix with a fork until it is crumbly.
Lay your topping onto the peach and cinnamon layer.
Bake about 30 minutes.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 8 to 10 soft peaches
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C quick cooking oats
- 1 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C butter or margarine melted
- Peel and slice peaches into the sprayed pan. Or lay your thawed peaches in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Whisk together the flour, brown sugar and oats until mixed
- Add melted butter and use a fork or pastry blender to mix until crumbly or resembles little pea size mix.
- Add to top of peach layer
- Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
- This recipe can be doubled.