Peach crisp is the perfect summer treat. It's so tasty! The delicious, juicy, and sweet peaches are topped with crumbly, crispy, and buttery oatmeal topping. Creating the perfect combo. But beware; This dessert will be gone within minutes! You will find yourself always reaching for just one more bite. It’s that good! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy this juicy, crispy, and sweet summer treat. This tasty dessert is so fast and simple to make! No need to spend hours in the kitchen. With two bowls, a fork and a spoon this peach crisp will be ready to eat within an hour! Your family and friends will thank you.
For the topping
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
- 1/2 golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
For the peach filling
- 7-8 peaches, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3-4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place sliced peaches in a medium bowl. Toss with sugar. Let the peaches sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to release some of their juice.
- Meanwhile make the topping. In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, flour, and oatmeal. Cut in cold butter using a fork, pastry cutter or your hands until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Add flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract to the peaches and lightly toss.
- Evenly spread into 8x12 baking dish. Then evenly sprinkle with oatmeal topping.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and crispy. Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serve with scoop of ice cream.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 21st, 2020 6:25 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!