Easy Apple Crisp
This is the best and easiest 5 ingredient Apple Crisp you will every come across. I have been making this crisp for years. And I probably make it at least once a month.
A few Saturdays ago, my husband, Kirk and I went out to Oak Glen. A hidden gem I never knew about. The original plan for that Saturday was to find somewhere that I could pick a few pumpkins for decorations around my house.
So, I did some research and found this place about 1 1/2 hours away from where I live. My husband and I were game so, we made the drive and found this quaint little town filled with apple orchards, pumpkin patches, sunflowers and so much more!
When I was picking the apples, my mind was on overload. There were so many possibilities for these beauties. But, I knew all along, I would be making an Apple Crisp. It's easy, good and a family favorite.
Easy Apple Crisp
- 1/2 cup butter, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced to desired thickness
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine: 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 cup flour in a bowl and mix until the consistency is like coarse crumbs.
- Press half of press mixture into a 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine apple slices and remaining 2 tablespoons each flour, sugar and butter. Mix well. Layer evenly in pan and sprinkle with cinnamon. Top with remaining crumb mixture and bake for 1 hour, or until apple slices are tender. Serve 4-6
- The recipe calls for 2 large apples. I use 2 cup apple slices. And I have also used every kind of apple you can think of in this recipe. Comes out delicious no matter what kind of apples you use.