Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Pie Recipe
Are you gathering easy Christmas dessert recipes yet? Be sure to add this holiday sugar cookie pie recipe to your holiday treats list.
Using only six ingredients, this cookie pie is quite quick and easy to make. The festive holiday colors and delicious flavor make this sugar cookie pie a perfect addition to any holiday dessert table.
If you are a guest attending a party, this Christmas sugar cookie pie is easy to transport. Keep it in mind for those last minute invitations when you don’t want to show up empty-handed!
If you’re looking for a little variation from Christmas cookies, try this sugar cookie pie recipe. It’s still a cookie, but serving it as a thick slice of pie just hits different.
If sugar cookies aren’t your favorite, you can use any type of cookie mix for this recipe. In fact, there are a ton of variations possible to fit the season and your flavor preference. See the FAQ section below for suggestions.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Pie Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this easy holiday dessert recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Sugar cookie mix: You can also use chocolate chip, or your favorite cookie mix. Adjust the amount of M&Ms you use if using something with chips.
- Whipped cream cheese spread: A tub of whipped cream cheese that you find in your grocery store.
- Red and green M&Ms: Feel free to use different colors depending on the season or event.
- Cream cheese frosting: Buy a tub of cream cheese frosting, or you can make your own.
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles: Red and green sprinkles. Again, feel free to change the colors to match your theme.
Supplies you will need:
- 9″ pie pan
- Cooking spray
- Medium mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Measuring tools
- Mixing tools
$29.99 ($15.00 / Count)
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.
02/13/2023 06:11 pm GMT
Cookie Pie Directions
Get ready by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
Get a medium-sized mixing bowl and cream together the sugar cookie mix, egg, and cream cheese. Use a hand or stand mixer to blend well, usually for about 2 minutes.
At first, the mixture will seem too dry, but it will come together into a soft dough the longer you mix it.
Fold in the M&M candies.
Spread the dough into the prepared pie pan.
Push the dough up the sides of the pan a little to create a “crust”-like shape.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden brown all over. Insert a toothpick into the center to see if it comes out clean.
Remove the cookie pie from the oven once it’s done and let it cool completely.
Once the cookie pie has cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the pie, leaving the edges plain.
Sprinkle the holiday sprinkles on the top of the frosted pie.
Slice the cookie like a pie to serve.
Sugar Cookie Pie Recipe Notes and FAQ
How should I store this Christmas sugar cookie pie?
The cookie pie can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days. After it has been sliced, it should be covered with plastic wrap, so it doesn’t dry out. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for 2-3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. Please note that this dessert is best served fresh. Storing it in the fridge or freezer may result in a dry or hardened cookie.
How can I change this sugar cookie pie recipe?
There are so many ways to change up this recipe. Feel free to get creative and let your imagination fly.
- Swap the sugar cookie dough for chocolate chip for a chocolate chip cookie pie. Frost it with vanilla frosting, or use chocolate frosting for a double chocolate delight.
- Use oatmeal cookie mix instead to create an oatmeal cookie pie. The cream cheese frosting would still be delicious on that one. Consider adding raisins or Craisins and white chocolate chips for something different.
- Use snickerdoodle cookie mix and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top for a crunchy and sweet treat.
- Experiment with different frostings like vanilla, buttercream, marshmallow, or any other frosting you can think of.
- Another topping idea is to crush up candy canes and sprinkle them on top of the frosting.
How can I make this pie for other holidays?
Once you try this cookie pie once, you’ll likely want to make it for birthdays and other holidays.
It’s extremely easy to change the colors of the candies and sprinkles to make them fit for any event. You can use red, white, and blue for the 4th of July, black and orange sprinkles for Halloween, red and pink heart candies for Valentine’s Day, and assorted rainbow sprinkles or favorite colors for birthday parties. There are no limits here; have fun!
More Holiday Desserts
- Christmas Oreo bark candy
- Red and green marbled sugar cookies
- Christmas trifle recipe
Pin this image to your holiday dessert board to save and share!
Please consider subscribing to the blog for more recipes and even some freebies here and there.
Let me know if you make this holiday sugar cookie pie. I’d love to hear how you like it!
Easy Christmas Sugar Cookie Pie Recipe
- 1 (17.5 ounce) bag sugar cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup whipped cream cheese spread
- ¾ cup red and green M&Ms
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- Assorted Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together the sugar cookie mix, egg, and cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- The mixture will seem dry at first but it will come together into a soft dough if you mix it for long enough.
- Fold in the red and green M&Ms and then spread the dough into the prepared pie pan. Push it up the sides of the pan slightly to form a “crust” type shape.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it begins to turn golden brown all over and a knife or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Once the cookie pie has cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top of the pie, leaving the edges unfrosted.
- Sprinkle the pie generously with Christmas sprinkles and slice like a pie to serve.