Easter Peeps Cupcakes
These Easter Peeps Cupcakes are so adorable. They are so easy to make, starting with a white boxed cake mix. Topped with colored buttercream frosting and a marshmallow Easter Peep.
These Easter Peeps Cupcakes are so adorable and so easy to make. Like most of the cupcakes, I have shared in the past. They start with a boxed cake mix. I love shortcuts. A few of the others I have shared are Lucky Cupcakes With Irish Cream Frosting, Easy Cherry Coke Cupcakes From Box Mix Recipe, and Best Raspberry Cream Cheese Filled Cupcakes.
Yes, I used the white cake, however, use the flavor of your choice.Can You Make Homemade Cupcakes?
Sure nothing like cake from scratch.Are There Other Frosting Options?
Yes, I used Buttercream but you could use cream cheese frosting or even buy a can of store-bought frosting.How Should You Store Cupcakes?
They will keep on the counter for 3-4 days. Cover them with foil or put in an airtight container.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED :
- White Cake Mix
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING :
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk or Cream
- Food Coloring
- Marshmallo Peeps
First gather ingredients to make cupcakes.
Mix the cupcakes with an electric mixer.
Pour cake mix into cupcake liners. Bake as directed on box.
Mixing Buttercream Frosting.
Coloring the frosting
Frost cupcakes either with a spoon and spatula or with a pastry bag. Place peep on top
Decorated and ready to eat.
If you are looking for other Easter Treats:
- How to Make Easter Marshmallow Peeps Cake
- The Best Easter Dirt Cake
- The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs
Easter Peeps Cupcakes
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 18 Marshmallow Peeps
Butter Cream Frosting
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1.5 cups Butter Softened
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 tablespoon Milk or Cream
- Make cake as directed on the box. Pour cake mix into cupcake liners.
- Bake as directed on box ( around 20 minutes) Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl or a stand mixer, cream butter until smooth. (4-5 minutes)
- Slowly add in powdered sugar until it is all mixed in.
- Add vanilla and milk. Continue to beat until desired consistency (5-6 minutes)
- Split frosting into however many colors you are using ( I used 3)
- Add 3-4 drops of food coloring into each bowl of frosting. Mix well.
- Frost cupcakes. I scooped the frosting on with an ice cream scoop. Alternately you can pipe on with a pastry bag.
- Shake sprinkles on cupcakes and top with a peep.