Quesadillas are usually a lunch or dinner meal. But no one says you can't have them for breakfast -- as long as you fill them with breakfast products like eggs and sausage.
That's what fills these breakfast quesadillas.
You do have to cook the sausage before putting it into the quesadilla, which takes a little bit of time. But it's so worth it. This will definitely be one of your favorite weekend breakfast ideas for sure.
This post was originally posted on Drugstore Divas as a sponsored post between Drugstore Divas and Southside Market & BBQ.
It appeared on Drugstore Divas at https://www.drugstoredivas.net/sausage-and-egg-breakfast-quesadillas-recipe/
This recipe originally used Southside Market & BBQ products, but you can use any brand you want.
Cook the sausage completely. You can use either a ground sausage log or sausage links. If you use the links, you'll want to cut the casing to release the sausage inside before cooking.
Spray the oil.
Put down a tortilla.
Top with some of the shredded cheese.
Top with the cooked sausage.
Top with three eggs.
Add more cheese and the second tortilla.
Cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Flip.
Add some more cheese, the sliced tomato, and the green onion.
Cook until the cheese is melted.
Cut into pieces and serve.
- 3 links Southside Market Hot Beef Smoked Sausage
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 4 green onion sprigs
- Cook the sausage completely.
- Spray the oil.
- Put down a tortilla.
- Top with some of the shredded cheese.
- Top with the cooked sausage.
- Top with three eggs.
- Add more cheese and the second tortilla.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted. Flip.
- Add some more cheese, the sliced tomato, and the green onion.
- Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces and serve.