Ham and Turkey Pinwheels
Our ham and turkey pinwheels are combined with bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese and a tasty spread. They're an easy appetizer that guests will love because they have all the flavors of a club sandwich.
This recipe is another of our delicious pinwheel appetizer recipes. Club sandwich pinwheels are colorful and flavorful, and they make a popular finger food for parties.
Ingredients for turkey and ham pinwheels
There's a lot of ingredients for these turkey ham pinwheels, because you're matching the flavors of a club sandwich:
- large flour tortillas
- cream cheese
- deli ham
- deli turkey
- shredded cheese (cheddar or Colby)
- bacon bits (or regular bacon, cooked and crumbled)
How to make ham and turkey pinwheels
Start by chopping the lettuce and tomato into small bite-sized pieces. The smaller they are, the easier it will be to roll the tortillas up. Cutting the center ribs out of the romaine will help, too.
If your tomato is super juicy, take a paper towel and blot the pieces on the cutting board to dry them a bit. Wet ingredients can make tortilla pinwheels super soggy.
In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with mayo. Spread one-fourth of the mixture on each of the four tortillas. Make sure you take the mixture right to the edges of the tortilla.
Lay each slice of deli ham on one side of each tortilla. Follow with the deli turkey.
Sprinkle the other ingredients– bacon bits, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese–onto each tortilla.
Roll each tortilla up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1-2 hours to make slicing easier.
After chilling, slice into 1-inch pieces and lay the turkey ham pinwheels flat on a platter to serve.
Ham and Turkey Pinwheels
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 pieces deli ham
- 12 pieces deli turkey
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2.5 oz bacon bits (or 4 slices, cooked and crumbled)
- ¾ cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, finely diced
- Chop the lettuce and tomato. Cut the center ribs out of the lettuce to make these easier to roll.
- Stir the cream cheese and mayonnaise together in a small bowl, and add ¼ of the mixture to each of the tortillas. Use a butter knife to spread the mixture over the entire tortilla.
- Arrange two slices of ham on one side of each tortilla. Then cut another slice in half, then one slice in half again. Arrange those slices to cover half the tortilla. Do the same with the turkey.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the bacon bits over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese over each tortilla.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the lettuce, then ¼ of the tomatoes over each tortilla.
- Start from one end and tightly roll the tortilla, until you meet the other end.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap, then cut the ends off (discarding or snacking on them), and slice into 1 inch pieces.