Butter Dipped Biscuits
Drop biscuits baked in a pool of buttery goodness – every biscuit & butter lovers delight. Quick, easy and delicious. Straight up comfort food!
Butter Dipped Biscuits. This is buttery goodness at whole other level.
Oh, and if you’re not a butter enthusiast, then this may not be the recipe for you. Just a little bit curious….? Perhaps you should keep reading.
I’ve been making these Butter Dipped Biscuits forever. My family absolutely loves them. They love them so much that I only make these biscuits 3-4 times a year. Why, you ask? Why not make something your family enjoys more often? I’ll tell you why – not only are they butter bombs (in the best way ever) they are totally habit forming. They’re really that good.
I’ll make a quick comment on baking powder. It’s important. After opened, it has a six month shelf life. After six months, throw it away. Seriously. It’s really not worth ending up with a batch of flat biscuits (or any other baked good for that matter). To make life easier, most baking powder lids have a convenient “use by date” that you can fill in after you’ve opened it. Jot down the date and prevent a potential – but easily avoidable – flop.
I mention this for one reason. I’ve had this recipe posted for a few years on a recipe sharing site. Most people reviewed it with 4-5 stars commenting that they loved it. Awesome! Then there were one or two reviews stating that “This recipe ______(fill in the blank lol) and that the biscuits were hard and flat as a rock”. How’s that possible? Easy. Old baking powder with no more leavening power. Hopefully we all learned a lesson here today 🙂
These biscuits are special. The bottom layer (which will be served as the top) absorbs the butter while baking. When you take them out of the oven, you’ll notice there’s still some butter in the dish. Gently slide the biscuits back & forth once or twice and then let them sit for a few minutes to absorb the remaining butter.
Oh, you can tell this is going to be good….
You’ll bite into it and immediately fall in love with that almost crisp layer of melt in your mouth buttery goodness. Sooooo good! I’ll warn you, you might never want to go back to buttering a regular old biscuit after trying these Butter Dipped Biscuits.
Butter Dipped Biscuits
- 1/2 cup - salted butter 1 stick
- 2 1/4 cup - flour
- 1 tablespoon - sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - salt heaping
- 1 1/4 cup - milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Melt butter in a clear glass 13" x 9" baking dish (in oven)
- In a mixing bowl - whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk - stir until thoroughly combined.
- Once butter is melted - drop 12 heaping tablespoons of dough on top of butter. It will be a tight fit - biscuits will touch each other. I do 2 rows of 6.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until tops are a light golden brown. I take a peak at the bottom to make sure the butter part is not getting too brown.
- Remove from oven. Gently slide the biscuits back & forth once and let biscuits sit for a few minutes to absorb any remaining butter.
- Serve biscuit buttery side up - upside down. Enjoy : )
Anything in butter is heavenly! I must try these! Thank you for sharing. Pinned! 📌
Sorry .... WAY too much salt for me, I will cut it back....I even use no salt butter!!! Sorry, old, diabetic....gotta watch everything!!! AAAHHHH...youth!!! Great recipe...thanks