Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade with Empress 1908 Gin is the perfect cocktail for spring and summer. It is made with a honey lavender lemonade and then topped with a bit of gin. This cocktail is lightly sweet, a bit florally and earthy, and is an all around delicious drink. Plus, it is so much fun to make.
- Empress 1908 Gin containing eight natural botanicals
- A homemade lemonade recipe, which is less in sugar than a store bought version
Ingredient Notes For This Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a great glass of lemonade. So please don’t cut yourself short here – no bottled juice! And to make prep time go faster, make sure to invest in a good-quality citrus juicer (links are provided below the post).
- Sweetener – I usually sweeten my lemonade with honey because the floral flavor pairs so well with it. All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the lemonade mixture.
- Cold filtered water – I recommend using cold filtered water here, especially if you plan on serving this drink right away. That way the lemonade will be chilled from the get go.
- Gin – The Empress 1908 Gin makes this recipe what it is! Can you say, FAB-U-LOUS?!? So, I recommend you get your hands on a bottle or two and give this cocktail a try. 😉
The History on Empress 1908 Gin:
Empress 1908 Gin is handcrafted by Victoria Distillers and the legendary Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. And the hotel’s afternoon tea is what actually inspired the creation of Empress 1908.
Handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, the distinct flavor profile is a result of eight natural botanicals: butterfly pea blossom, Fairmont Empress Blend Tea, juniper, grapefruit peel, coriander seed, cinnamon bark and rose petal. Also, it is all-natural and gluten-free as well.
So, what makes this gin stand out, and how is it different from all the rest?
The mystery is in the butterfly pea blossom. Not only does it add a subtle earthy note to the gin, but it balances out the citrus notes which yields in a rich pigmentation. And here’s the best part. The deep indigo hue changes to bright lavender, soft pink or fuchsia when you add citrus or tonic. It is stunning! And, it is absolutely magical to watch as you make it!
This Honey Lavender Lemonade with Empress Gin is such a beautifully delicious drink that is perfect for spring and summer. You can serve it for a small gathering or a fun outdoor party.
And, click here for more fun and delicious Empress Gin recipes.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating on my blog so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!
- If you are interested, all of the product links for this post are within the actual blog post on my website. Please be sure to check it out!
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
HONEY LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 tbsp Organic Whole Lavender Flowers
HONEY LAVENDER LEMONADE:
- 8 large Lemons, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1 2/3 cup juice)
- Honey Lavender Simple Syrup
- 5 cups Filtered Water
HONEY LAVENDER GIN LEMONADE:
- 8 oz Honey Lavender Lemonade
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- Lemon Slices and Lavender Sprigs, for garnish
Honey Lavender Simple Syrup:
- In a small pot, warm 1 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Stir in the lavender; cover and steep for at least 30 minutes, but up to 2-4 hours.
- Strain the honey mixture and discard the lavender.
Honey Lavender Lemonade:
- Pour the Honey Lavender Simple Syrup into a glass pitcher. Add the lemon juice, and 5 more cups of cold water; stir to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade:
- Pour 8 ounces of Honey Lavender Lemonade over an ice filled glass, top with 2 ounces of Empress Gin and stir until just incorporated. (To see the colors change, let the gin settle into the lemonade before stirring).
- Serve with fresh lemon slices and lavender sprigs.
- Lemonade: Store in a sealed pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.