Easy Coconut and Lime Mojitos
The hot weather is here, and it came early in Iowa this year. We’ve already been dealing with heat and humidity more typical of August. Uhg. But, I have a secret weapon for making this kind of weather a bit more tolerable…. Easy Coconut and Lime Mojitos! Well, any kind of mojitos really, but this version just happens to be my current fave.
Another great thing about mojitos is that they are so versatile and easy to change up. This recipe is for Coconut and Lime Mojitos, but it’s just as easy to make raspberry, or pineapple, or…. anything really!
Every since we had our first mojito in Mexico several years ago, I associate this cocktail with “vacation mode”. We started growing mint in our herb garden for the sole purpose of being able to mix up mojitos all summer long. And our mint this year is living up to that expectation. Every time I venture to the garden, it had nearly doubled in size, and almost seems to be daring me to make more mojitos. Well okay, if you insist. 😂 Let’s get started….
How to Make Easy Coconut and Lime Mojitos
Mint and lime are the two essential ingredients of any mojito. Oh, and rum, obviously. But after that, you can vary the flavorings by mixing in juice, muddled fruit, flavored rum, or flavored seltzer.
Here’s the recipe for the Easy Coconut and Lime Mojitos:
Mix and Match Mojitos
Mixing up your mojito game can be as easy as swapping out your seltzer. I always have Spindrift in the house, because not only is it refreshing on its own, but it works great as a cocktail mixer too! Because it contians a little bit of real fruit juice, it adds great flavor to your drink in addition to the carbonation.
Just follow the basic mojito recipe above, eliminating the coconut rum and replacing it with an additional ounce of white rum (still 4 ounces total of rum for 2 cocktails). Then, choose your desired flavor of Spindrift or La Croix instead of plain club soda. For this one I used Raspberry Lime Spindrift, but your favorite flavor of La Croix also works well.
See how easy?
Wishing you a summer filled with many “Happy Hours”… 😉
Let’s stay in touch! I'd be so grateful if you'd follow The House on Silverado on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
Facebook —– Instagram —– Pinterest
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Coconut and Lime Mojitos
- 3 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce coconut rum Malibu, Bacardi…
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 2 TBSP superfine sugar
- 20 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces club soda or flavored seltzer of your choice (I like Spindrift)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the lime juice, sugar, mint leaves and lime zest until the mint is bruised and the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Add the lime juice and both rums.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake until very cold. Strain into 2 glasses over ice and top off with the club soda or flavored seltzer (Spindrift, La Croix) of your choice. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge in each glass. For this Coconut Lime version, I prefer Lime Spindrift.