It is so simple, with only 3 ingredients. Corn starch, sugar and almond milk.
Vegan Malabi (almond Milk Pudding)
One of my favourite desserts to eat/make is Malabi. Easy to make and so refreshing after a heavy meal or any meal in the hot summer days.
The first step is measure the corn starch (also known as maize starch or corn flour). I like to be very firm, so I use 85 gr of it.
In oppose to other powders and baking ingredients, corn starch dissolve in cold temperature. So I added half a cup of the almond milk to it, and mixed it until dissolved. The rest of the container I poured to the pot on the stove.
Sugar melts better in hot liquids, therefore, I poured it to the pot.
Once it is on the stove and semi-hot, I added the corn starch cup and mixed it nonstop.
It only takes a few minutes to be ready.
My test is to take out the spatula and see if it sticks to it. If it does, then it is ready.
Once it is ready, you have to work fast. Pouring it into small containers.
If you wait more than a few minutes, it starts to set in the pot and would come out in pieces and not in a liquid form. It taste the same, however, it looks bad...
Once it is poured, I covered it with cling flim, wrapper, making sure it touches the top part of the content, to avoid breaking and tearing in the pudding. Then, I placed it fast in the fridge to shock it with coldness. I leave it there for at least 5 hours before serving.
In the meantime, I made the topping. In a small pot, 1/2 cup of sugar and 200 grams of raspberries.
- 12 Units
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
For the pudding
- Mix the corn starch with half a cup of milk until dissolved
- pour the rest of the milk into a pot and add sugar
- heat until bubbles are rising from the bottom
- Pour fast into containers
- add cling film to cover (make sure it touches to content)
- Place in the fridge for 5 hours (at least)
- Mix the raspberries with the sugar in a pan, until liquid and smooth
- Cool it down for 20 minutes
- Pour on top of the Malabi pudding before serving
- Add coconut mixed with cinnamon on top before serving