Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Protein Shake
This Chunky Monkey Protein Shake is made with frozen bananas, collagen and yogurt and topped with walnuts and chocolate chunks for a drink that tastes like the ice cream flavor! Thick, creamy and perfect for a breakfast or post-workout smoothie.
Replies to an Insta story question a while ago said you guys wanted funky protein shake ideas, so here’s one!
Little secret though: I didn’t actually have the Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream to compare this with. But considering that’s a banana flavored ice cream and has walnuts and fudge, I think this is pretty close.
I guess there isn’t any fudge in here, but I think I’d prefer chocolate chips or chunks over fudge. All for that crunch!
- 2 Cups
- Prep time: 1 Hours|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Chop (about 1-2” thick) the banana and freeze for 1-2 hours until solid.
- Transfer frozen banana into a blender or food processor along with remaining ingredients: yogurt, collagen, maple syrup and vanilla. Add ice cubes for a thicker shake.
- Blend for about 45 seconds until combined.
- To replace collagen, use ½ scoop Protein Powder, and omit the maple syrup and vanilla.
- To make this Paleo or Vegan, use a Almond or Coconut based yogurt.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go