Pad Thai is so much easier to make than I thought! The leftovers somehow tasted even better. I will definitely be making this recipe again and again. I used tofu for this version, but you can add or substitute chicken or shrimp. Omit eggs to make the recipe below vegan.
Thai food is definitely one of my all time favorite cuisines! I never shy away from a good noodle recipe either. If you give it a try, be sure to let me know your thoughts! Next time I will be adding tamarind paste for an even more authentic taste.
Find more delicious meals on my Instagram @tikofoods
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce (or oyster sauce)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch scallions (1 bunch)
- 1 Thai chilli pepper (sub red chilli pepper)
- 1 pack of flat rice noodles
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Crushed peanuts to garnish
- Lime to serve
- Press a block of tofu for approximately 30 minutes to release moisture by wrapping the block of tofu in paper towel then place a plate or bowl overtop for pressure
- Chop into small cubes after and set aside
- Make the sauce by combining the hoisin sauce (or oyster sauce), light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, palm sugar, and juice from 1 lime
- Add sesame oil to a wok then scramble the eggs and set them aside
- Add a drizzle of sesame oil to the wok
- Mince the garlic cloves then add them to the wok with white ends of scallions and a finely chopped Thai chilli pepper
- Sauté everything quickly then add the tofu to brown
- Boil pack of flat rice noodles as per package instructions then add the cooked noodles to the work with the scrambled eggs, green ends of scallions, and the sauce
- Mix everything together and ensure all noodles are coated in sauce
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, crushed peanuts, and lime. Enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published May 29th, 2021 11:43 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!