Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Air Fryer Green Beans are a quick and easy, no-stress side dish that the whole family will love! Ready in 15 minutes or less, these crispy green beans are highly snackable and pair with just about any meal.
Find this recipe and more on my blog HERE: https://sugarylogic.com/air-fryer-frozen-green-beans/
This low-calorie vegetable side mimics French fries thanks to a crispy exterior and tender interior. Quite frankly, these air fryer frozen green beans are highly addictive. You can season them however you'd like. I especially enjoy mine with crushed red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese (as pictured above).
Like my Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli, this recipe uses olive oil to achieve a perfect crispy texture and elevated flavor. Only a little oil is needed to achieve crispiness. Below you will learn the time and temperature for cooking green beans in the air fryer, as well as what to pair with these crispy beans.
Thanks to the air fryer, you will fall in love with how easy this process is. This healthy vegetable side dish is perfect for busy weeknights thanks to minimal cooking time and ingredients. As an added bonus, this recipe uses frozen French green beans which means prep is a breeze. You and your family will LOVE these crispy air fryer green beans!
Why You'll Love These Green Beans
- Quick and Easy - This easy vegetable side dish is ready in less than 15 minutes and the air fryer does all of the work for you.
- No Need for Prep - Thanks to frozen green beans, there is no chopping or prepping required.
- Perfect for Weeknight Cooking - This quick veggie side uses few ingredients and is ready in minutes.
- Healthy Snacking Alternative - These crispy beans are a great snack alternative to French fries or chips.
- Everyone Will Love Them - This is a family-friendly vegetable side dish.
Can You Cook Green Beans in the Air Fryer?
Yes, and brilliantly so. Thanks to the trusty air fryer the cooking process is so quick and easy. Crispy green beans are ready in less than 15 minutes time and without the need for excess oil.
- Frozen Green Beans (French) - I used Trader Joe's.
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
See the recipe card for ingredient quantities.
STEP 1 - Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
STEP 2 - Toss the green beans in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Pro Tip: Rinse the green beans in a colander to partially thaw. Drain and then season with olive oil and seasoning.
STEP 3 - Transfer the seasoned beans to the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes. Toss and cook for an additional 3-8 minutes, or until desired crispiness.
Hint: Keep a close eye towards the end of cooking.
Olive Oil - Avocado Oil, Toasted Sesame Oil, Cooking Spray
- Lemon - Finish the cooked beans with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Spicy - Toss in ¼ teaspoon to ½ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Parmesan - Toss the cooked crispy beans in grated parmesan cheese.
- Almond - Sprinkle finished green beans with toasted sliced almonds.
Try my Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts variation of this recipe.
Other Air Fryer Faves
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Cauliflower Tots (From Frozen)
- Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
COSORI Air Fryer Max XL
What to Serve with Air Fryer Green Beans
Enjoy these delicious green beans on their own or as a tasty vegetable side dish. They taste great alongside any cooked protein. Serve alongside a sandwich or burger as a healthier alternative to French fries. Or enjoy them as a healthy snack with dip, like this fresh Tzatziki Sauce. Here is what I love to serve these crispy green beans with.
- Crockpot Frozen Turkey Meatball Subs
- Cracker-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs
Cool the beans outside of the air fryer basket. Transfer cooled beans to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze air-fried green beans? Yes, you can. Place the cooled beans onto a sheet tray. Freeze until frozen. Transfer frozen beans to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the air fryer prior to adding the green beans for even cooking time.
- Rinse the frozen green beans to thaw them partially.
- Every air fryer is different. Cooking time may vary depending on the type of air fryer.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. If needed, cook the green beans in two separate batches or just cook a half recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's good to season green beans with?While salt and pepper are always my go-to, I love sprinkling them with garlic and onion powder. Try green beans with ranch seasoning, Italian seasoning, or everything bagel seasoning.
Are air-fried green beans healthy?Yes, air frying green beans is a healthy preparation for cooking. Thanks to the air fryer, very little oil is needed to coat the green beans. The crispy green beans are a healthy alternative to french fries or chips. (They are highly snackable!)
What is the best way to reheat air fryer green beans?Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place the leftover green beans in the air fryer basket and cook until warm.
If you make the recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments on my website! Take pictures, tag, and share them with me on Instagram or Facebook.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest!
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- 16 oz frozen French green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Toss the green beans in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned beans to the air fryer basket and cook for 7 minutes. Toss and cook for an additional 3-8 minutes, or until desired crispiness. *Keep a close eye towards the end of cooking.
- PRO TIP: Rinse the green beans in a colander to partially thaw. Drain and then season with olive oil and seasoning.
- STORE: Cool the beans outside of the air fryer basket. Transfer cooled beans to an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- FREEZE: Place the cooled beans onto a sheet tray. Freeze until frozen. Transfer frozen beans to a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- REHEAT: Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place the leftover green beans in the air fryer basket and cook until warm.