Sauteed Carrots For a Holiday Side Dish
A perfect easy side dish can be prepared in a few minutes!
As we are moving towards the end of this year, Christmas is one thing that is keeping us excited. So, have you planned any simple side dish you want to serve at the party this year? Wait, you are still confused? No worries because my delicious sauteed carrots recipe will take away this dilemma.
Not just on your holiday menu, but you can keep this simple dish on each of your menus. This vibrant side dish can perfectly accompany any of the dishes, and your guest will love it.
I know a carrot doesn’t sound like it could make something mind-blowing. But trust me on this one. My recipe makes the best use of carrots because it makes carrots buttery, tender, and savory.
You cannot afford to miss this easy recipe if you want to make lunch or dinner time memorable.
Flavorful Sauteed Carrots
I’m totally in love with the simplicity of this recipe. It’s literally the best thing you could make during the holiday season. And you know what that means? More fun time with your fam!
There are, indeed, multiple variations of this simple sauteed carrots recipe, but I love mine because it doesn’t lack the authentic flavors. A single bite can take you back to the good old days when you were a kid, and your mom prepared a simple and tasty dish.
The beauty of this dish is that it has got a little sweet taste, which perfectly binds all the flavors together. For this dish, I have mentioned enough spices and herbs. But if you want, you can add some more ingredients to make it taste the way you want.
Can’t wait to prepare sauteed carrots? Scroll down to get into details.
Steps to Make Savory Sauteed Carrots
The steps of this recipe are divided into three parts, which further simplify everything.
Start the process of preparing this flavorful side dish by washing and peeling six carrots. Ensure that you have properly cleaned the carrots because if not, your dish will get a mud-like taste, which no one will appreciate.
After cleaning the carrots, dice them in any of the shapes that you like. I prefer small circular shapes. But if you want, you can dice the carrots in a half-moon shape or any other shape that you like.
While cutting the carrots, the only thing you need to remember is that they must be in a similar size. Also, they should not be bigger. Because then the cooking time will be increased as the carrots will take more time getting tender.
After properly washing and dicing carrots, you can then move towards cooking them. For this, heat a pan over medium flame. Then add butter and olive oil to the pan. Once oil and butter are heated, add the diced carrots to the pan.
Keep stirring it; otherwise, the carrots will get burned, and then your dish will taste terrible. After cooking the carrots in the pan for about ten minutes, you can add water to it. Then again, cook the carrots for fifteen minutes. This way, the carrots will get a perfect tender texture.
In the last step, you can add flavors to your dish. Start by pouring honey and seasoning with salt and pepper. Then again, cook the carrots for five minutes so that the flavors get into each piece.
Turn off the flame and serve it.
- Dicing carrots in the same size speeds up the cooking process and ensures that the carrots don’t get undercooked or overcooked. That means equal size diced carrots are the secret to making perfect sauteed carrots.
- Since the ingredients that go in the dish are less, it’s essential to use quality items. So, instead of regular olive oil, you should use high-quality olive oil.
- If you don’t have honey or don’t like its taste, you can even add maple syrup. The syrup will give the same taste.
- You can add some herbs like thyme, basil, oregano, dill, and chives to enhance the flavors. These herbs go well with carrots and give an extra punch to the flavors.
What to Serve Sauteed Carrots with?
The majority of people like to serve baked boneless chicken thighs, fish, pork, and soup. But you can serve anything with this side dish as well.
How to Perfectly Sauteed Carrots?
For the carrots to have that nice cooked taste, it’s essential to saute them perfectly. So, for the first four minutes, cover and cook the carrots. This way, carrots will get moisture, and then they will be cooked nicely.
Then for another three to four minutes, you must move the carrots as much as possible. This step is important because it avoids burning.
What are the Different Variants of Sauteed Carrots?
If you want to give a Mexican touch to the dish, try adding cumin and lime. Or you can bring the sauteed carrots to a more Asian side by adding you and sesame.
Sauteed Carrots For a Holiday Side Dish
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- Warm the butter and olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the diced and peeled carrots and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the water and cook for about 15 minutes more.
- Pour in the honey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about five more minutes and serve to enjoy.
- Note: The sauteed carrots will taste better if you serve them immediately.