Moroccan Infused Tofu
Okay now this dish is a winner! Moroccan infused tofu, pan fried courgette, kale and date sweet rice & creamy mint yoghurt. (Chefs kiss)💋
Although this dish is a mouthful to say, each and every element which enters your mouth compliments each other perfectly!
The spice from baked tofu
The sweetness from the dates
The crunch from the crispy kale
The creaminess from the mint yoghurt
Moroccan flavourings are so strong and pungent, they really excite your tastebuds. The tofu was the perfect vessel to bring these flavours to life, as it absorbs the spices perfectly. Served with some sticky but sweet tasting nutty brown rice, along side the crisp brown vegetables, this dish really is an explosion in your mouth.
If you would like to see more of my vegetarian recipes then please check out my instagram @the.last.bite.food.blog
Moroccan Infused Tofu
For the tofu
- 1 block of medium/firm tofu (pressed)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the rice
- 1 cup of brown rice
- handful of raisins
- 3 sprig leafs of kale
- 1 courgette
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic
For the mint yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon squeeze
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 425f.
- Once your tofu is pressed, chop into cubes, cover evenly with all your spices and oil and allow to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Meanwhile make your mint yogurt. Finely chop your mint and add it to a bowl with your yogurt, lemon juice and salt, and stir. Leave in fridge until serving.
- Now cook your brown rice to the time suggested on the packet. Whilst this is cooking cut your courgette into semi circles, finely chop your garlic, and chop your kale into thin strips.
- Bake your tofu in its marinade in the oven for 15/20minutes until it starts to crisp a little.
- Slowly cook your garlic in a frying pan with a little oil. Next add in your courgettes and fry them till brown. Remove this from the pan and repeat with your kale. Add all the veg into the pan and add your maple syrup and raisins, and fry for a few minutes.
- Drain your rice and then add it to the frying pan and stir well so its all covered in the sweet sticky veg.
- Spoon your rice into a bowl, add the tofu and serve with some of your mint yogurt.