Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow, green or black lentils, with or without the husk. It is a staple food which can be enjoyed with rice, chappati or just like that over dinner.
This Lemony Lentil Soup recipe is full of the best bright and zesty flavors, it’s naturally gluten-free and vegan, and it’s easy to make in the Instant Pot, Crock-Pot or on the stovetop. The recipe itself is actually quite simple.
We make atleast once a week- healthy and good ! Do try out and comment if you like it !
Enjoy with Rice or as Soup
warm and satisfying lentil soup
so much of healthy flavours
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 5-7 curry leaves
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Red chillie powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- fine sea salt
HOW TO MAKE LENTIL SOUP:
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add Cumin, Onion, tomatoes, curry leaves sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant.
- Add all powder until combined, add washed lentil .
- Add 4 cups of water
- Continue cooking until the soup reaches a simmer. Then cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are completely tender.
- Blend (optional). Using either a hand blender or traditional blender, puree the soup until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice until combined.
- Serve warm, garnished with an extra fresh lemon slice if desired.
- Add vegetables if you like
- Add curry powder if you want more flavours