Easy To Make Creamy Vegetable Soup
My friends here is an easy to make creamy vegetable soup that you will love!
There is nothing better than homemade soup! The aroma fills the house with goodness that is waiting to get into your belly! Easy to make creamy vegetable soup is made with smokey bacon, carrots, potatoes, onions, celery root and garlic.
Do I have your attention yet?
Begin to make the creamy vegetable soup
I start with frying up a few piece of bacon until it is almost cooked all the way through. The bacon flavors the vegetables with that smokey taste that you just can’t get with butter or oil.
After I chop up the potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and celery root I am ready to start sauteing them with the bacon.
If you are not familiar with celery root don’t worry neither was I! I received it in my kit from Misfits Markets. Misfits is a company that provides misfit organic fruits and vegetables. These are fruits and vegetables that are either too big or to small or have blemishes that grocer stores do not want but are still really good.
I love making soups! Here is another family favorite Yam and Bean soup
Celery root looks really ugly and you might be thinking YUCK! I don’t think I want to put this into anything I eat but it is yummy! You simply cut off the outside ugly edges which leaves a pretty white root.
Cut the root into small chunks and throw it into your pan to saute.
The aroma of the celery is sooo good!
Next I add in all the chopped veggies to the pan along with salt and pepper, Weber’s Beer Can chicken seasoning, and saute everything for about 10 min. or until the onions are translucent and the vegetables start to soften up.
Now it is time to add the broth. You can use either vegetable broth or chicken broth. I used chicken broth. At this point I also added in some fresh chopped parsley. Bring it to a bubbling boil. Once it is boiling turn down the heat and let the soup simmer until the vegetable are fork tender.
Remove about 2 cups of the cubed vegetables and set aside. Using a blender or hand held blender whirrr up the soup in the pot until smooth. Stir in the cubed vegetables and pour in about a 1/4 cup of cream and stir.
Serve with french bread topped with cheese.
Broil until cheese melts. SOOOOO GOOD!!
If you like vegetable soup but also want a little sausage to go in it try my Acorn squash chicken sausage soup! It is super easy and I made homemade croutons with leftover bread to go on top!
I just can't get enough of soup!
Easy To Make Creamy Vegetable Soup
- 3 Slices of bacon chopped
- 2 large Russet potatoes chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 large Carrots sliced
- 1/2 large Onion Chopped
- 1 head Celery Root Peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1-2 tsp Webers beer can chicken seasoning
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- 6 Cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- Remove the outer edge of celery root, chop up the white flesh of the celery root into 1" chunks. Chop up the potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic.
- Cut up bacon in to small pieces and saute in a soup pot until almost cooked all the way through.
- Add in all the vegetables and saute in soup pot until the onion is translucent and vegetables start to become soft.
- Next add in broth and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and cook until vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove approx. 2 cups of vegetables from soup. Use a hand held blender and blend soup until creamy. Add the 2 cups of vegetables back into the soup, Add in 1/4 C cream and stir.