This Scary Halloween Spider Pizza is the perfect kid-friendly dinner to celebrate Halloween. It’s easy and tasty, plus the kids will enjoy helping to make and decorate it!
With so many communities thinking of canceling Trick or Treating in the days of Covid, we need to have a game plan in our pocket to let the kiddos celebrate the holiday this year. This easy pizza recipe is fun to make and lends to a festive feel to a meal.
To keep it simple and easy, we are using premade, raw pizza dough, jarred pizza sauce, and pre-shredded cheese. Basically, you only have to cut up the vegetables and assemble.
VARIATIONS ON THE RECIPE
- If your deli doesn’t sell raw pizza dough, you can find it in tubes in the refrigerated section, or even at your local pizzeria.
- Want to get more veggies into your family? Cut out triangles and thin, julienne strips of bell peppers to make witches’ hats, mushroom slices for skulls or pumpkins. Assemble bits and pieces of cut up veggies and let the kids have fun making the pizza as scary as possible. You can also use little canape cutters to stamp out pieces of cheese or vegetables for decorations
- Want to do individual pies? Cut the 1 pound dough into 4 or 6 pieces and let the kids shape it into circles and decorate their very own. Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Use a small pumpkin cookie cutter to make yellow cheddar cheese slices turn into jack-o-lanterns.
- Use pre-baked crusts and cut out individual circles, use english muffins or tortillas for individual pizzas.