Want a simple summer salad recipe? 💚
Tuna-churi….. aka Chimichuri tuna and chickpea salad!
I whipped up this salad last week and it was so light and delicious! Next time the sun is out you deffo need to try!
I loveeeee salads, and you really can vibe them up and excite the pallet so easily! By adding in different colours, shapes, and textures your mouth has an overload each bite! This salad does just that!
The chimichuri paste adds a nice spicy vibrant flavour to the tuna flakes. This combined with the bite of the spicy chickpeas works wonders! Alongside your crunchy fresh leaves and cucumber, the mix of ingredients leaves you wanting more and more!
Simple satisfying salad! 💚
If you would like more summer salad recipes then please check out my Instagram page @the.last.bite.food.blog.page
- — 1 tin tuna
- - 1 tin chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- -1 tbsp chimichurri paste ( I used @love.legrand plant based last and the flavour is incredible!!)
- - 1/2 lettuce
- - handful spinach leaves
- - 1 spring onion
- - 1/3 cucumber
- - handful sunflower seeds
- - drizzle of sticky balsamic vinegar ( I used @nonnapias I adoreee their sticky glaze!)
- — drain your chickpeas and then toss them in the spices (paprika cumin salt pepper and olive oil). Then heat up a frying pan and fry for a few minutes to cook in the spices
- - mix your tuna through your chimmicurri paste with some additional salt and pepper (optional)
- - cut up your cucumber into half moons and your spring onions into small strips. Finely cut your lettuce and assemble the salad.
- — add your tuna and chickpeas to your salad
- - drizzle with your balsamic glaze and top with your sunflower seeds!