A delicious way to get anyone to eat their broccoli!
Broccoli has never been a vegetable my family cared much for.
You can bet that whenever I would put out a platter of fresh veggies with their favorite dip, broccoli would always be the only remaining veggie left.
I would try to roast it, put it in casseroles, and even their favorite Italian Pasta Salad, and they still wouldn't eat it.
Since I've never been a big fan either, I never forced the issue. But then one day a friend of mine at work brought a dish to pass for our company potluck.
It was filled with the green stuff and as I skipped over it, another friend told me I just HAD to try it. So I placed a spoonful of it on my plate just to be nice.
Truth? It was the most delicious salad I've ever eaten! Ever since it's been my go-to whenever I want to get all the health benefits of broccoli but with just a wee bit more flavor!
- 3 lbs broccoli florets about 2 medium bunches
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 5 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli, raisins, almonds, and red onion. Set aside. Fry bacon in a medium fry pan until crisp. Place on a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool. Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth. Pour dressing over broccoli salad. Mix thoroughly. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over the top of the salad. Serve chilled.