Cajun Chicken Wings
Cajun Chicken Wings are seasoned with a homemade Cajun Spice Rub and cooked to perfection in less than one hour. Make these flavorful wings for your next tailgate, for a fun party appetizer, or a simple weeknight dinner.
When it comes to chicken wings, I never turn them down. And since these Cajun wings are baked and not fried, there is no guilt to indulging in some chicken-eating fun.
Make certain to check out my Honey Bourbon Baked Wings. The sweet and spicy flavor will be a true treat to your taste buds and a great option for an easy weeknight dinner or an appetizer that will get your guests asking for the recipe!
Cajun Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings - I prefer Smart Chicken wings in the fresh aisle
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Homemade Cajun Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tbsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Cajun Spice Blend
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place rinsed and dried chicken wings in large bowl.
- Add olive oil and Cajun Spice Rub to the wings. Mix until wings are well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place chicken wings on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with any additional rub mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn each wing and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place on serving platter.
- Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
- Be sure that the chicken wings are dry before adding olive oil and spice rub.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published December 8th, 2020 9:24 AM
I think this is a must try
If you add a little baking powder to your rub, it gives the wings a crunchy crispy goodness to the skin while helping to seal in the juices of the chicken. For this recipe, I'd use about 2Tbl.