So recently my daughter came across a famous YouTube channel where she saw a varieties of Doughnuts. So, she wanted a fried donuts. I have decided to make her a classic donuts with chocolate glaze. It's a beautiful moment I still remember whenever my Mom prepare something yummy I can't wait to eat it and thousand time i ask my Mom is it ready??? As I saw my daughter waiting for me to fry the doughnuts, I remembered myself sitting at my kitchen table.
Making glazed donuts at home is easier than you think. These taste similar like doughnuts from our nearest favorite shop, and it's ready in just about 2 hrs, best part is they’re made in the comfort of your own home.
These homemade donuts are a classic recipe. I have tried so many versions of homemade doughnuts, and finally this came out so well. Perfecto! This simple homemade donut dough is made with flour, milk, egg, baking powder, and sugar, then the donuts are fried and glazed in chocolate sauce.
This recipe is easy to make and your family will be indulgent with this little treat! Make it once and you’ll never use a different recipe for doughnuts. It’s soo delicious & good!
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious homemade Doughnuts. If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!!
- 2 and 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Lukewarm milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2:Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Chocolate Glaze
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder & Vanilla extract.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix it then add another cup of flour and mix it well.
- Now add remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover. Allow it to rest for atleast 1 hour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet Slide doughnuts into the hot oil.
- Turn donut over as they rise and fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack.
- Dip doughnuts into the Chocolate glaze while still hot, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess.
- This dough is best for frying in oil and I don’t recommend baking this dough.
- Whole milk is best for the most tender dough or you can also try buttermilk.
- You can make any glaze of your choice.
- Donuts are best enjoyed the same day. You can also store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for one to two days.