These adorable Mummy Hot Dogs With Spider Web Sauce are a great way to celebrate Halloween and feed the kids before trick or treating or starting the Halloween party at home!
What kid (or adult, for that matter) doesn’t love hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls? They’re a childhood staple and always a hit. Why not take a bit of time and make them festive by wrapping the dough around a hot dog like a mummy!
AT HOME HALLOWEEN PARTY HOW-TOs:
Let’s be honest, Halloween in the time of COVID is scary in itself. But our kiddos shouldn’t be deprived of a Halloween celebration.
Make it a party at home with a scary movie, spooky decorations, little plastic pumpkins full of candy, and an afternoon making these scary hot dogs, some slice and bake cookies, or a fun dip. And don't forget to treat yourself also with your favorite cocktail or dessert. Now that’s a party!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- If you can’t find or don’t have the sheet of crescent dough in the can, use the crescent roll dough and pinch the perforations together. It will work just as well!
- I like using all-beef hot dogs, but whatever you have will work. I have found that the all-beef are slightly less greasy.
- Pinch the dough together to hold in the cheese on the backs of the mummy dogs. You want to see a little of the hot dog from the front of the mummy.
- If you don’t want to use candy eyes for the face, use the bag of mustard to draw little eyes on the face.
- Be sure to allow the hot dogs to cool a bit before serving them. We don’t want to burn little mouths.