Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars With Berries
Summer is just around the corner and grilling season is here. Whether you're looking for the perfect dessert to serve at your next backyard barbecue or want something festive to ring in July Fourth, these Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berries are sure to become a favorite all summer long.
It's no secret how much I adore both cheesecakes, and also berries. Whether I'm whipping up a Basque cheesecake such as my Blueberry Lemon Burnt Cheesecake or thinking of fun new way to incorporate berries into my cooking such as Roasted Beet and Berry Salad, they're two of my favorite things.
It doesn't take complicated ingredients to create beautiful and memorable dishes. One of the things that I love about these creamy, lightly sweet bars is how effortless they are to both make and the simple ingredients required.
- Cream cheese - make sure it is at room temperature to ensure you get that silky, velvety texture
- Plain Greek yogurt - gives just the right amount of tang to balance the sweet
- Cornstarch -helps thicken and bind these cheesecake bars together. This dish is also Gluten Free!
- Berries - fresh is always best! Use your favorite combination.
Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berries, Step by Step
This easy to follow guide will walk your through each step so you can serve up these delicious and delicate confections.
- Getting PreparedPreheat your oven to 350 degrees. Make sure you have the right baking dish. The quantities for this recipe fit an 8x8 baking dish. Also make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Line your 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. This will prevent the cheesecake bars from stick and also make it easy to remove them from the pan.
- Mix it UpAdd your cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and yogurt to a medium sized bowl. Mix the ingredients together until they're smooth and creamy.
- Final IngredientsAdd the cornstarch and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Batter UpPour your batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out.
- Berry TimeSprinkle the berries all over the top of the cheesecake batter. They will bake into the batter.
- TimeAllow the cheesecake bars to bake for 30-35 minutes. Look for the top to be just lightly golden and the cheesecake bars to be set.
- Cool DownAllow the Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berries to cool completely and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This will allow them to set further and make them easier to cut.
- PlatingWhen you're ready to serve these, sprinkle a little powdered sugar over the top and enjoy!
As with many of my recipes, use your favorite brands for the ingredients. To make these a little lower in fat and calories you can substitute the cream cheese with ⅓ less fat cream cheese, sometimes called Neufchâtel cheese. However American Neufchâtel cheese should not be confused with French Neufchâtel cheese.
In addition to the cream cheese, you can also substitute the Greek yogurt. If you pick a thicker variety of Greek yogurt, you can eliminate the cornstarch making this a keto friendly dessert.
Mix it Up
Always let what's in season and what your like guide you. I used a combination of blueberries and raspberries in this recipe. However, you can easily use all of one type of berry, or a combination. Strawberries, blackberries, and boysenberries would all work in this recipe. Use what you love and what looks good.
I don't recommend using frozen berries for this recipe. They let off additional liquid during the cooking process and could make your cheesecake slightly watery.
Baking Up Your Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berries
Besides recommending you have your cream cheese at room temperature to ensure you have the velvety cheesecake texture, I also suggest you use either a hand mixer or stand mixer. This will give your the creamiest batter.
This recipe is also the perfect amount for an 8x8 baking dish. If you don't have an 8x8 baking dish, or if you want to make these into individual portions, they can be baked in a cupcake tin. Just replace the parchment paper with cupcake liners.
I promise these luscious cheesecake bars bursting with the sweet and tart flavors of summer's berry bounty won't last long. However, they do need to be stored covered in the refrigerator.
Tip for Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars with Berries
These elegant and easy sweet treats couldn't be easier. As delicious as they are, they're also all about the texture. The best way to ensure you have that smooth tender bite every time is to make sure that your cream cheese is always at room temperature.
Cold cream cheese doesn't mix smoothly and will leave you with lumps that are next to impossible to eliminate from the batter. Depending upon the temperature of your house it may take one to two hours for your cream cheese to soften, so always plan ahead!
Easy Crustless Yogurt Cheesecake Bars With Berries
- ▢ 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ▢ 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ▢ 2 eggs
- ▢ 1 tsp vanilla
- ▢ 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ▢ 2 cups berries, rinsed and dried use your favorite combination
- ▢ 1 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ▢ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- ▢ Add the cream cheese, sugar, yogurt, and eggs to a medium sized mixing bowl. Mix until creamy and smooth.
- ▢ Sprinkle in the cornstarch and add the vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- ▢ Spread the cheesecake batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth it out.
- ▢ Sprinkle the berries over the top.
- ▢ Bake the cheesecake bars for 30-35 minutes. The top should be lightly golden, and the cheesecake should be set.
- ▢ Allow the cheesecake bars to cool completely and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- ▢ When ready to serve sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.