No Bake Key Lime Pie
This easy no bake pie recipe is the perfect summertime treat!
The best way to describe this pie recipe is if a traditional key lime pie got together with a cheesecake to create a whole new dessert. This no bake key lime pie recipe is zesty, light, and creamy. I’ve also added sweetened shredded coconut to this pie for a little extra summery fun (cue ‘Put the Lime in the Coconut’).
If you’ve been looking for new and easy no bake desserts to make, or are in need of a new dessert for summer gatherings, this no bake key lime pie recipe is just what you need!
TELL ME ABOUT THIS EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
Level of difficulty: Easy! Mix, stir, pour, chill, and slice.
Flavor: Lime, coconut, and graham cracker are the predominant flavors in this easy key lime pie recipe.
Texture: This no bake key lime pie is creamy and has a soft-set filling.
Time: While it will take you less than 10 minutes to prep your ingredients, this pie needs to chill for 3-4 hours in the fridge to set the filling.
KEY INGREDIENTS FOR NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE
Sweetened Condensed Milk: This adds the perfect amount of sweetness to your pie
Whipped Cream Cheese: While you can use regular cream cheese that is softened at room temperature, whipped cream cheese creates an extra silky and smooth filling.
Key Lime Juice: This is the star of the show! You can use either freshly squeezed key lime juice or bottled key lime juice. I generally use the bottled key lime juice to save time.
Sweetened Shredded Coconut: lime and coconut is a great flavor combination, and the shredded coconut adds a really fun element to this key lime pie recipe.
Pre-Made Graham Cracker Crust: using a store bought crust saves time and allows this to be a no bake pie recipe!
OVERVIEW: HOW TO MAKE THIS NO BAKE KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
- Prepare your filling: In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, whipped cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth using a hand mixer (this can also be done with a stand mixer). Gently stir in the shredded coconut until it evenly distributed throughout the filling mixture.
- Fill the crust: Pour filling mixture into the pre-made graham cracker crust and spread to the edges to create an even layer.
- Chill: Cover and chill pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the filling is set
- Top with extra goodness: Option to top with whipped cream, lime zest, and/or lime slices prior to serving
- Serve: enjoy every last bite!
- Store leftovers: if any pie remains, cover and store in the refrigerator. This pie should stay for 1-2 days just fine (to be honest, we’ve never had it last this long…).
TIPS & TRICKS FOR MAKING THIS EASY KEY LIME PIE RECIPE
Should I use fresh key limes or bottled key lime juice in this recipe? Either is a great option for this easy key lime pie recipe! I personally used the bottled key lime juice (because I don’t want to take the time to squeeze all the cute little key limes).
Someone I’m sharing this pie with doesn’t like (or is allergic to) coconut. Can I omit this ingredient from this recipe? Yes! While the coconut is great in this pie recipe, if you are not a fan or cannot have coconut, you can simply leave this ingredient out.
Is there a reason you are using a pre-made graham cracker crust instead of a homemade one? In an effort to keep this a no bake recipe, a pre-made crust is suggested. Using a store bought crust also makes this an easy dessert recipe. However, if you have a favorite graham cracker crust recipe that you love, you can definitely use it for this key lime pie.
What kind of whipped cream should I use to top this pie? I personally like to make homemade whipped cream to pipe onto my pie because I can control the sweetness (I like a slightly less sweet whipped cream). In a pinch, I have also used squirt whipped cream to top this pie and it was great (plus, it’s fun to use!).
LOVE THIS RECIPE? YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 1, 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8oz whipped cream cheese*
- 2/3 C key lime juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- optional: whipped cream for topping*
- optional: lime zest for topping*
- optional: lime slices for decoration
- In a large bowl, mix together the condensed milk, whipped cream cheese, lime juice, and vanilla until smooth using a hand mixer (this can also be done with a stand mixer)
- Gently stir in the shredded coconut until evenly distributed
- Pour filling into the pre-made graham cracker crust and spread to the edges to create an even layer
- Cover and chill pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until the filling is set
- Option to top with whipped cream, lime zest, and/or lime slices prior to serving
- *If you do not have whipped cream cheese, you can use a standard block of cream cheese but will want to ensure it is softened at room temperature (set your cream cheese block on your counter for an hour or two prior to making your pie). If it is too cold, your pie will be lumpy (it will still taste good though, don't worry!)
- *I highly recommend adding the whipped cream and lime zest to the top of your pie before serving - it takes this pie from wildly delicious to absolutely divine.