Well, the Mummy Dog is not my idea, of course, but does that mean I shouldn't show you how to make them??? This spooktacular little snack is perfect for Halloween night before trick or treating - quick, easy, delicious, and a fun activity kids can do themselves! Only 3 ingredients!!! Start with your favorite hot dogs, we always do Hebrew National, and then you'll need a sheet of Pillsbury Crescent Dough. Cut dough into strips, and wrap each hot dog plus a half piece of Kraft Singles in the dough. Let your kids wrap the mummies up any way they like! Just help them to leave a little space at the top for the eyes! If desired, brush with butter and serve with ketchup and mustard. And if you're feeling extra, make a spider web dip! Just pour ketchup into a small bowl, then draw on circles with mustard. Use a toothpick to drag the mustard from the center to the outer edge of the bowl! Happy Halloween!
Little Mummy Dogs all wrapped up for Halloween!
Only 3 ingredients, really, plus Ketchup and Mustard!
Aren't they just the cutest!!!
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 package Pillsbury crescent dough sheet
- 4 slices Kraft American Singles
- Preheat oven to 400º. Roll out the sheet of dough onto parchment paper. Cut into 4 rectangles, then cut each rectangle into 8 thin strips. Use a pizza wheel!
- Fold each piece of cheese in fourths to form 4 long strips.
- Place 4 strips of dough in front of you, horizontally. Lay on 2 strips of cheese vertically down the middle, then top with a hot dog.
- Criss cross each strip of dough over the hotdog, then start wrapping the excess dough all around the hotdog. Be sure to leave a space of hotdog showing at the top for the eyes.
- Brush with melted butter before baking if desired. Bake at 400º for 12-15 min. Serve with ketchup and mustard. Draw on eyes with dots of mustard or ketchup.
- If you can't find a sheet of Crescent dough, just buy the rolls and press the seams together.