This recipe is so easy and has become a staple in our family. I make it at least once a month on rotation. Sometimes I grill, pan-fry, or broil them. It doesn't matter how I prepare these lamb koftas, they are always moist and delicious. I think it is the seasoning that makes this recipe so delicious. Especially the cinnamon which just pops the flavour. Having fresh herbs on hand also elevates the flavour. I keep ground lamb in my freezer all the time so I can easily whip up this dish for a quick weeknight meal. Serve it with toasted seasoned pita chips, pickled onions, and either store-bought or homemade tzatziki.
- 1 lb / 500 g lamb mince (ground lamb) 1/2 onion, grated 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- Add Kofta ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- With damp hands, divide the meat into 8 equal pieces and push and shape the meat onto 8 rectangular pieces.
- Cooking options:
- Stove: Preheat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook in batches for 5 minutes in total, turning to brown evenly all over.
- BBQ: BBQ on medium-high for about 6 minutes, rotating to brown all over.
- Broiler/oven grill: preheat and cook koftas 30cm/10" from heat source for 12 minutes, rotating as needed until lightly browned (you won't get as good a browning as stove/BBQ).
- Serve with toasted seasoned pita, tzatziki and pickled onions
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl
- Add to the lamb in a mixing bowl