Beef Yaki Udon
Udon even know how much we loved this dish 🍜 . Honestly. It was NOODLE PERFECTION!
Beef Yaki Udon is your all-in-one pan easy go to way to enjoying some amazing noodles. Sweet, salty, savoury, and noodle-y, we may have gone back for seconds while still eating our firsts! We love adding bok choy and shiitake mushrooms into our stir fries to add nutrients as well as the perfect texture and flavour for the dish. Change the beef up with some tofu or sliced chicken breast, and you'll have a winner of a dish each time. It will definitely satisfy your next takeout craving!
Beef Yaki Udon
- 1 pound udon noodles (1 big package)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 5-6 baby bok choy, chopped
- 7-8 large shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Vegetable oil and sesame oil
- 2 tbsp dark soy
- 2 tbsp oyster
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Cook the udon according to the package (usually cover in hot water for 1-2 mins) and drain them. You can drizzle a few drops of sesame oil so they don't stick together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients together.
- Add a little bit of vegetable oil and wait for it to smoke slightly. Add in ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until cooked, about 4-5 mins.
- Add in bok choy and mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add in noodles and stir fry with everything for 1 min.
- Stir in sauce, letting everything get coated, and cook for 2-3 mins.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 1st, 2020 10:10 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!