Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Just 7 ingredients and about 30 minutes stands between you and these yummy Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers!
Made my spinach and feta wraps and have some left over feta cheese and frozen spinach? I’ve got just the thing for you. Turkey burgers with spinach and feta all throughout– plus a little garlic powder and dried oregano to bring big flavor. They’re salty and savory in the best way and my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links, which means if you decide to purchase any of the items linked in this post, I should earn a small commission. This creates no additional cost to you and helps support the work that goes into running The Fig Jar. Thank you! -Becky
Spinach and feta turkey burgers
- Ground turkey: you can also use ground chicken
- Feta cheese: I like to get the block type of feta that’s more creamy, but you can also use the more dry kind that is already crumbled.
- Frozen spinach: the spinach will need to be thawed and drained of excess liquid.
- Olive oil
- Seasonings: salt, garlic powder and dried oregano
How to make
Combine ground turkey with the olive oil, spinach, feta cheese, garlic powder, dried oregano and salt. Use your (clean) hands to get the mixture evenly mixed!
Form into four patties and heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes, until an internal temperature of 165F is reached. I would be lost without my meat thermometer (affiliate link). I never cook meat without it! It helps ensure you don’t overcook, which is especially important when it comes to poultry!
I enjoyed these burgers on a gluten-free bun from Trader Joe’s with pickled onions, mixed greens, thinly sliced tomato and my favorite mayo, Sir Kensingtons. I wanted to keep the condiments/toppings simple because the burger is so flavorful and I didn’t want to hide it!
When I bring one of these for lunch, I seriously look forward to lunch all morning! I love them that much.
Tried this recipe?
If you try this recipe, please consider leaving a comment/rating below and let me know how it went. I’d love to hear from you! You can also connect with me on instagram and Pinterest.
You might also like these recipes
Sweet & Spicy Turkey Burgers with Curry & Apricot
Easy Turkey Meatballs without Breadcrumbs
Starbucks Spinach and Feta Wraps
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained of excess liquid
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- sliced tomato
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Make the pickled onions first. Place red onion, vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a jar with a secure lid and shake well. Place in the refrigerator while you make the burgers.
- In a bowl, combine spinach, feta, salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, oil and ground turkey. Use your (clean) hands to combine the mixture evenly. Separate into 4 even sections and form 4 patties.
- Spray a large, non-stick pan with cooking spray (or drizzle with a little oil) and heat on medium.
- Place patties in the pan with space in between each and cook on both sides for about 5-7 minutes, use a meat thermometer to ensure an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Serve burgers on buns with mayo, pickled onion, tomato and lettuce.