Spicy Pork Burger
On my quest for weekly “fakeaway” night, I have naturally made lots of homemade burgers but after a few weeks I started to crave a little twist on the burgers. My usual go to is a beef cheeseburger or chicken, so I figured I would give pork a go.
The only issue with lean pork however is that it can get dry and tasteless very quickly so big, bold flavours and cooking until just ready are absolutely key! From that desire this pork burger, seasoned with lime juice, fresh coriander, red chilli and green onion was created! Served up on a fresh burger bun with some fresh lettuce and a squeeze of light mayo - just delicious!
Split into 4 portions
Shape into patties and place onto heated pan
Place into prepared bun with some lettuce leaves and a drizzle of sauce
Spicy Pork Burger
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- Handful of fresh coriander, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 red chilli, finely minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 burger buns
- Fresh lettuce leaves
- Light mayo
- Mix together pork mince, lime juice, green onion, garlic, coriander and chillies until well incorporated. Then divided into 4 equal portions, shaping each into patties.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and spray with a little olive oil spray or add a teaspoon of oil. Fry each burger until cooked through (about 5-7 minutes on each side).
- Prepare burger bun by slicing in half and toasting if desired. Assemble burger with sauce of choice (I would recommend light mayonnaise) and salad. Enjoy!
Yummy! I learned a neat lil trick with ground pork. Salt the patty, both sides, seriously, dont skimp on it. If it looks like it's a little too much, it's just right. Then sear in a hot skillet. That salt layer creates a seal so you dont lose any moisture. Like when you sear a big roast before popping in the oven. I especially like your add ins though👍you could lean towards asian flavors or mexican. In the states, we call coriander cilantro😋