A super simple and easy snack to put together for the week and prep in snack bags or to have for company to pick on.
If you are a nut fan you will love these Spiced Pecans! Simple spices, a hint of citrus and of course, brown sugar make this snack one you are sure to come back to and grab an extra handfulYou can even do this recipe with a mixture of your favorites. Add in walnuts or cashews for different flavors and textures. I made a nice bowl of these for Christmas Day and the bowl was empty by the time company left.
That's always a good sign :)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 lb pecans
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp water
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the salt, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon and orange zest together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the pecans in a 10-inch cast iron skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until they just start to brown and smell toasted. Add the butter and stir until it melts. Add in the spice mixture and stir to combine. Once combined, add in the light brown sugar and water, stirring until the mixture thickens and coats the pecans, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared sheet pan and separate them with a spatula. All the nuts to cool completely before transferring to a serving bowl or to an airtight container. C an be stored up to 3 weeks.