Peach Caprese Salad
A summery twist on the classic caprese salad made with fresh, juicy peaches!
Calling all peach lovers, you don't want to miss this summery twist on the classic caprese salad!
The best thing about summer is the bounty of fresh produce!
If you haven’t tried peaches and summer tomatoes together in a salad, you don’t know what you’re missing.
No recipe is required for this salad that you can enjoy as a sweet and savory side dish, appetizer, or light summer dinner if you don’t feel like cooking. Adjust the quantity of ingredients to your taste or crowd.
Gather your fresh peaches, mozzarella, fresh basil, and tomatoes of choice. I used some heirloom cherry tomatoes from the farmer’s market. Peel or use unpeeled peaches, whatever your preference; slice or cut into chunks. Halve or quarter your cherry tomatoes. You could use sliced heirloom tomatoes if you prefer. Use some fresh mozzarella; slice or tear into pieces.
Make sure you add a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze!
You can make you own balsamic glaze by combining sugar and good balsamic vinegar and heating it until it’s thickened and syrupy, but the bottle version is perfect for the lazy days of summer. You can find balsamic glaze at most grocery stores next to the specialty vinegars.
Find a round-up of Just Peachy recipes for summer, HERE. You’ll find recipes for:
Ridiculously Easy Peach Dumplings
- Skillet Bourbon-Peach-and-Blueberry Crumble
- Peach and Prosciutto Crostini with Basil and Goat Cheese
- Summer Peach Tea Punch
- Peach Tea Mule
- Peach-Bourbon No-Churn Ice Cream
- Summer Peach-Tomato-and-Corn Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
- Peach & Blueberry-Almond Coffee Cake
- Peach-Avocado-and-Crab Salad
- Patchwork Fruit Cobbler
- Peach Hand Pies
- Peach-Blackberry Cobbler Bars
Peach Caprese Salad
- 4 large ripe peaches (peeled or unpeeled, your preference), sliced or cut into pieces
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 8 ounce ball fresh mozzarella sliced or torn
- 6 leaves fresh basil torn or cut
- Generous drizzle balsamic glaze
- Kosher salt fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add sliced or cut peaches to a large platter. Slice or tear your fresh mozzarella and layer with peaches and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add some fresh basil, kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy as a sweet and savory side dish, appetizer, or light summer dinner if you don’t feel like cooking. Adjust the quantity of ingredients to your taste or crowd.