Easy Egg Bake
I'm not sure about you but weekday mornings can get a little squirrely in my household! Lunches, day care drop offs, last minute errands...it can get a bit crazy! I find having something hot and ready for breakfast is the best game plan to help mornings run a bit more smoothly.
Enter this delicious egg bake! It takes very little prep to whip up and is a delicious one pan meal. Sausage, hash browns, tender vegetables and eggs...yum! It makes eggcellent (see what I did there!) leftovers so it is great to make to enjoy all week long. I like to top mine with come cilantro, hot sauce and plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Easy Egg Bake
- 1/2 lb sausage of your choice (I like Italian)
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp each; salt, pepper, Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
- 8 oz frozen hashbrowns
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 9 X 9 baking dish by lightly spraying with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan, cook sausage, peppers and onions until cooked through and tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off excess grease and place in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, spices, milk and one cup of shredded cheese until fully combined. Set aside.
- To the prepared baking dish, pour in frozen hash browns.
- Next spoon sausage mixture evenly over top of the hash browns.
- Pour over egg mixture. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until baked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!